Shipping and Returns
We are not Amazon.com. In fact, our business is built on the basis of conscious commerce. We design and craft, one-of-a-kind pieces, using traditional techniques, in some of the most remote locations in the world. Even without a global pandemic, our hand made products would be unlikely to reach you the next day (or the day after that). We do endeavor to ensure that all in-stock orders are processed and shipped within 5 to 7 business days. Occasionally items have a delayed shipping date and items ordered together may not arrive in the same box. You’ll see this on the product page or in your order confirmation email. Some things are worth waiting for.
Currently, orders can only be shipped to an address within the contiguous United States. We do not deliver to PO boxes, APO/FPO or US Territories. Orders are shipped in one of two ways:
- Parcel Delivery (e.g., DHL or FedEx) to your delivery address is available for most items
- Flat Rate White Glove Delivery to your delivery address is for most furniture and large rugs that exceed parcel carrier shipping weight limits. An expert white-glove service will carefully deliver furniture and assemble when necessary
We are working very hard to expand our offering globally. For international shipping please email us at email@example.com to arrange delivery. Please keep in mind that there may be additional customs duties to be paid by you based on piece(s) purchased and final destination.
Every MADE x HANDS piece is created with sustainability in mind. It's why we insist on using natural dyes, natural materials and craft handmade goods only. Our tribe likes nice things, and at the same time, is increasingly conscious of the impact of what and how they buy.
If you’ve received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll make it right. We must receive your email within seven (7) days of receipt.
Our handmade heirlooms are everything, but if you’re not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can exchange it or return the piece for store credit within fourteen (14) days of receipt. If you would like a refund in the form of the original payment, we will question your taste, but will grant your request. Keep reading, there are a few additional things to keep in mind:
- Furniture, cashmere, customized pieces, collabs and limited-edition pieces are not eligible for refund
- For pieces over $800 there is a restocking charge equal to 20% of the purchase price
- Piece(s) must be unused, unworn with all original tags and accessories, and in the original packaging
- MADE x HANDS reserves the right to refuse any piece that is not in as-new condition
- Proof of purchase is required
- All return shipping charges are non-refundable and borne by the customer. We highly recommend you use an insured courier (e.g., FedEx, UPS, USPS) and retain your receipt. MADE x HANDS is not responsible for pieces damaged or lost in transit
- Taxes will be refunded in accordance with applicable law
- Refund will be applied on original form of payment within 14 days of receipt to our warehouse
To initiate an exchange or return, send us an email at email@example.com and we’ll take it from there.